I’ve been making my daughter costumes since her second Halloween. She’s been a monkey, an owl, Alice, a ghost, Little Red Riding Hood, a spider, Rapunzel, a wolf, and grumpy cat. I didn’t make the wolf or the monkey costume, but the rest have been put together or sewn by me.
Last year, I was just too busy and I bought one, and this year I wasn’t sure I’d have time so I bought one, but I found some time to sew up a quick dress and participate in the blog tour this year.
Meet Wednesday Addams.
When I ran across this fabric from Hawthorne Supply Co, I KNEW it needed to be a Wednesday Addams dress. It was just too perfect. It’s the perfect combination of feminine tossed with something unexpected. Perfect for my daughter who picked it out.
I think it turned out perfect PLUS it’s a dress that my daughter will wear outside of Halloween. I call that a WIN!
- Dress Pattern – Double Dutch bodice with Every Which Way sleeves and vintage length skirt.
- Dress Fabric – Eternal Gardens in Onyx from Hawthorne Supply Co.
- Boots – The Children’s Place
Are you ready to see all of the new Halloween costumes on the DIY Sewing Pattern Blog Tour? Me too!! Go ahead and follow along with us!
- October 8th: Seams Sew Lo
- October 9th: Momma Newey’s Makes
- October 10th: Itsy Littles
- October 11th: Aurora Designs
- October 12th: Mijn 11jes &ik
- October 13th: Seams Sew Lo
- October 14th: My Golden Thimble
- October 15th: Make It Sew With Bear and Pea
- October 16th: Duchess and Hare
- October 17th: A Rose Tinted World
- October 18th: Cute. Sew. Make
- October 19th: Custom Made by Laura
- October 20th: My Golden Thimble
- October 21st: Crafty Curly Couture
- October 22nd: Malounami
- October 23rd: Seams Sew Lo
- October 24th: A Rose Tinted World
- October 25th: GYCT Designs
- October 26th: Crafting Through Time
- October 27th: Aurora Design Fabrics
- October 28th: Sew Couture by Kathy
- October 29th: The Sewing Goatherd
- October 30th: Manning the Machine
- October 31st: Seams Sew Lo (Roundup)
Have you downloaded the new Seams Sew Lo Sewing App yet??? It is available on Apple and Android! Find and Rate all of your favorite indie sewing pattern designers and fabric companies. Plus find all of their latest sewing deals! Download the App NOW: